Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Course
Since the 1960s, there has been growing public awareness of the interaction between development actions and their environmental consequences.
Please see this page for a closer look at the EIA process.
EIA systems have become established in both developed and developing countries, usually as a legal requirement of the development control process.
The Academy has experience of providing EIA training to a wide range of international clients such as Africa and Asia.
The aim of the course is to provide an insight to learners within the industry about the processes of EIA and the requirements within these processes.
As well as advanced EIA training, we also offer an introductory EIA course.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Typically delivered over 3 days.
This course can be tailored for your organisation and provided as in-house training or candidates can attend an open course where they can learn from and share experiences with candidates from other organisations.
Who Should Attend:
The course has been designed to be applicable to candidates working in the environmental industry or have some exposure to environmental impact assessments.
- Origins of EIA.
- Applications across the world including world bank and developing nations.
- EC Directives and transposed UK EIA regulations including the changes to the new 2011 Regulations.
- Screening and Scoping.
- The depths of the environmental statement including:
- How to undertake baseline surveys.
- Use of prediction methods.
- How to use significance criteria.
- Application of mitigation measures and monitoring regimes.
- Project management of EIA including:
- Best practice applications to the IEMA Quality Mark.
- How to assess the quality of Environmental Statements including technical content.
- Strategic Environmental Assessment.
- Application of Environmental Management Systems in EIA and SEA.
The atmosphere is relaxed and informal with plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
The overall aim of this course is to develop the learner’s understanding of the principals of environmental impact assessment. On completion of the course the student should be able to:
- understand and be familiar with EIA procedures;
- select and use appropriate techniques in impact identification, prediction, evaluation, mitigation and monitoring;
- critically assess the quality of Environmental Statements / EIA reports;
- understand the role of different practitioners in the EIA process, and identify practical difficulties in the application of EIA;
- understand the role and application of Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA).
£795.00 + VAT (per candidate)
An Introductory EIA Course is also available for £265.
Next Course Dates:
19-21 November 2013 – London, UK
25 to 27 February 2014 – London, UK
13 to 15 May 2014 – London, UK
Contact us on +44 (0)191 495 6248 or e-mail
to book a place or for further information on this course.